ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (2024)

ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (1)ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (2)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (3)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (4)
Forgot Login?
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (5)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (6)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (7)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (8)
General DiscussionTrading PostNon-Film Score Discussion
ProfilePreferencesCommunity RulesHelp/ContactSearch Board
You must log in or register to post.
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (11)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (12)ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (13)ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (14)
Non-Film Score Discussion:ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom?

FIRSTPRIOR 171819

Last Post
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (15)ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (16)ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (17)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (18)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (19)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (20)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (21)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (22)Posted:Dec 11, 2020-12:38 PM
By: Jim Phelps(Member)

“The Brittas Empire”! I remember that always being on but never watched it. Is it any good?

I should warn you, Jim, that I was a teenager in the early 1990s and that was a magical time for me in terms of television. There was so many good shows on, every day. The Brittas Empire was one of them, so I like it very much.
Everything seemed so fresh back then. But as you can see above, not everyone agrees!

I have noticed that many people find their halcyon days of TV in their childhood and what they saw later in life just didn't match up. Certainly in the last 20 years, I have watched very little TV, and what I have seen, is nowhere near the quality of what I used to watch.

You’re a bit younger than me, litefoot, but I agree that there were some superb sitcoms from that time, with several older ones still firing on all cylinders. I have a feeling that “Waiting for God”, a show we’ve discussed before in this thread, is a show I will thoroughly enjoy.

I got rid of cable TV in January 2012 and I know I’ve missed precious little in terms of quality, especially since comedy has taken a censorious “hit” in light of the “woke” pestilence that has ruined comedy.

ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (23)

ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (24)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (25)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (26)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (27)Posted:Dec 11, 2020-5:04 PM
By: Xebec(Member)

Brittas Empire and Waiting for God were great.

No Place Like Home with William Gaunt wasgood but haven't seen it in decades.

Scottish comedy City Lights was belting.

Nightingles about nightwatchmen was good too, with Robert Lindsay and David Threlfall.

ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (28)

ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (29)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (30)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (31)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (32)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (33)Posted:Dec 18, 2020-8:00 AM
By: litefoot(Member)

Time for another BBC Christmas trail. This time it's 1990, with another nifty animation and no less than three sitcom specials on Christmas Day evening. Absolutely imperial phase BBC in the litefoot household.

ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (34)

ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (35)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (36)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (37)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (38)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (39)Posted:Dec 18, 2020-11:28 AM
By: dtw(Member)

Brittas Empire and Waiting for God were great.
No Place Like Home with William Gaunt wasgood but haven't seen it in decades.
Scottish comedy City Lights was belting.

Yeah, I've mentioned Nightingales on here before; I did order myself the DVDs of that in the end :-)

ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (40)

ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (41)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (42)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (43)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (44)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (45)Posted:Jul 4, 2024-3:27 AM
By: Jim Phelps(Member)

I've become an obsessive of Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads? and the original 1964-66 series. Not only that, I also listen to the Beeb radio versions of both series.

Bob and Terry can do no wrong. Well, except for perhaps Rodney Bewes' first series hairstyle in WHTTLL...

ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (46)

ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (47)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (48)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (49)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (50)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (51)Posted:Jul 4, 2024-5:03 AM
By: litefoot(Member)

Sadly the original run is a mess due to BBC wipings

ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (52)

ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (53)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (54)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (55)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (56)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (57)Posted:Jul 4, 2024-5:48 AM
By: Jim Phelps(Member)

Sadly the original run is a mess due to BBC wipings

Considering the fate of Troughton-era Dr Who and Till Death Us Do Part, the Lads are fortunate to have half of their run still in existence.

Btw, I blame the Lads for my recent fish and chips obsession. S02 E13 of the sequel series and an episode of the monochrome series are great adverts!

ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (58)

ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (59)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (60)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (61)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (62)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (63)Posted:Jul 5, 2024-5:28 AM
By: Jim Phelps(Member)

"Folk Memory and The Likely Lads"- A socio-political-historical analysis of the series:

ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (64)

ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (65)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (66)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (67)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (68)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (69)Posted:Jul 8, 2024-10:48 AM
By: litefoot(Member)

Just stumbled across this on YouTube. I haven't seen it for a while. It never gets old ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (70)

ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (71)

ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (72)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (73)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (74)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (75)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (76)Posted:Jul 9, 2024-5:50 AM
By: Jim Phelps(Member)

I've got a ways to go until I watch "Heroes and Villains." I'm only in Series Two!

ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (77)

ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (78)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (79)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (80)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (81)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (82)Posted:Jul 9, 2024-6:21 AM
By: litefoot(Member)

You started this thread in 2009 and you're ONLY on series 2? ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (83)

ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (84)

ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (85)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (86)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (87)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (88)Posted:Jul 9, 2024-6:40 AM
By: Broughtfan(Member)

You started this thread in 2009 and you're ONLY on series 2? ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (89)

When you get to Series 3, the final season with Lennard Pearce as Grandad, don't miss Healthy Competition and Who's a Pretty Boy?

ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (90)

ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (91)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (92)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (93)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (94)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (95)Posted:Jul 9, 2024-12:56 PM
By: Jim Phelps(Member)

You started this thread in 2009 and you're ONLY on series 2? ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (96)

Until recently, the show was difficult to find, but that's no longer the case...plus, I've been exploring many other shows, which I like a lot better, though OFAH always delivers solid laughs.

ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (97)

ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (98)ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (99)ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (100)
Non-Film Score Discussion:ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom?First Post
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (101)ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (102)ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (103)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (104)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (105)
General DiscussionTrading PostNon-Film Score Discussion
ProfilePreferencesCommunity RulesHelp/ContactSearch Board
You must log in or register to post.
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (107)
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES-- Britain's Best Sitcom? (2024)
Top Articles